It's crazy simple to make macaroons:
1. 150g of coconut (unsweetened!)
2. 100g of sugar (I used unrefined)
3. 2 egg whites
4. Half a lemon (for zest)
+ fruity bits for topping, I used raspberries and physalis'
Okay- I'm not a recipe person, but here's roughly what you do:
(preheat oven to 180oC)
1. Beat the eggs whites into soft peaks, which means about 3 minutes of proper-going-at-it whisking, till the whites will drag into little mountain peaks when you lift the whisk away from them, but they don't stay there indefinitely (that's stiff peaks).
2. Fold in all the sugar(with something metal, not the whisk, like a palet knife) - don't worry about 'knocking all the air out', it's not a lot of sugar so you won't be folding long enough for the air to go from the whites.
3.Then fold in the desiccated coconut and the lemon zest
4. Put baking parchment down on a tray- a plonk scoops on the mix on to it, they don't really spread, but leave an inch or so just in case. Pop a cherry or raspberry or whatever on top now.
5. Bake for 10-15 minutes.
6. Leave to cool, or burn yourselves trying to eat them
om nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom