Tuesday 24 February 2015

Fashion Scout AW15 “Ones to Watch”

21.02.2015
London Fashion Week 
Fashion Scout AW15 “Ones to Watch” at the Freemason's Hall, Holborn

J Moon

J Moon

design by @_minjukim_ from the collection "Hero's Eyes"


design by @_minjukim_ from the collection "Hero's Eyes"


design by @angelchenstudio collection "Bunny with Short Legs"


design by @angelchenstudio collection "Bunny with Short Legs"


design by @angelchenstudio collection "Bunny with Short Legs"



Angel Chen's collection "Bunny with Short Legs" would have to be my favourite of the Fashion Scout #onestowatchAW15 show. I am a big Wes Anderson fan and instantly became very very excited when I heard the music that accompanied Chen's collection. I'm going to link it so that you too may experience the sheer joy of this music. I think it lends itself really well to any sort of visual presentation, especially a collection of garments which obviously take inspiration from Wes Anderson's Moonrise Kingdom, do you agree?



Chen embraced the prominant theme of nature from Moonrise Kingdom and incorporated it into all of her designs for this special collection: some garments extended into real woodland branches, others had lace than dangled in a similar way to that of the willow branches, or lamb's tails. There is a certain uniform essence to most garments, which I imagine is a tribute to the scout uniforms featured in the film. This formality set against the twigs and patchwork resulted in a charming and playful presentation. Really lovely. I had the pleasure of meeting Angel after the show, and she was terribly humble about her amazing collection.



(In my ongoing attempt to not see things from behind the screen of an iphone, I shot these photos on my Olympus Trip 35 with 200 speed film, which was the only camera I had with me. Due to the funky lighting, i.e bright on the catwalk but dark for the audience, the resulting photos give the impression that the models were parading about with their eyelids half shut, like bloody zombies. They weren't. I'm guessing my simple little Trip 35 just needed to hold the shutter open a little bit longer than normal and consequently captures the models as they both blinked and did not blink.)

No comments:

Post a Comment